Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Be our guests ... in this full house

Last time we had weekend guests, this is the awesomeness that awaited them. A soothing, luxurious stay in our Painter's Tape Blue guest room. 


Alas, the good times had to end and we had to get our paint on. The room isn't completely finished as far as decorating and tweaks go, but we think tomorrow's guests will approve:





Here's a day shot (before we go the door and blinds up).


Eventually, I'd like to incorporate some green into the room and probably move that very happy pony (a gift from my old roomies) into a child's room, but for now the room is a mix of my travel albums and books and some childhood books (peeking around the built-in desk corner). I've started incorporating some green via the euro shams I sewed last week (back row of pillows).


I'm also working on a green blanket (crocheted), but alas, it won't be completely on time due to some hefty work projects taking up my spare time and a spat with the sewing machine. The white nightstands were a Craigslist find ($40 for the pair) a few months back. My favorite acquisitions are the two owl lamps.


How cute are these?! They were the most I've ever spent on lamps, but I have no regrets!


What's left to do in this room? Oh, put some art on the walls, add a headboard to the bed, make/find curtains, and do something fund with the built-in shelf/desk area. And probably find a chair for that desk. Might be helpful. If this later turns into kid #1's room, things should easily transport to the "sewing" room (the green room) or remain in the kiddo's room.

But wait - there's more! More guests, I mean. It's pretty much a college reunion with my old roomies, though we've added two husbands to the mix and this adorable girl:


The green room will also serve as a guest room, though we'll be throwing down air mattresses and sleeping bags there. We don't have a fenced in yard for Petra to terrorize our black squirrels in, but she might like chasing the ducks at the lake. 

We also figured our guests would like doors on their rooms, so here's a shot of the hall with the wood doors back on. It warms the space up. Now all we need to do is hang stuff. Hmm ...














No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?